Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Riley and Huey

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted videos of the munchkins playing and I wanted to get something up here before there were riots in the streets.  So you can calm down now. 

 

 

Want some good news?  I talked to the sheriff down in Fairmont this morning.  He said there was a slim to none chance that asshat would be awarded custody of the horses, due to a couple of things: 1) this was his third animal cruelty charge in a six month timeframe, 2) he doesn’t have two pennies to rub together and the authorities dropped the last $720 bail charge so he could use that money to take care of the nine cattle he still has.  Also of note, is this guy’s father was recently arrested for robbery!   What a family!

Sheriff said it would be ok to start adopting out the Fairmont horses.  I’m just going to include a clause in the adoption contract that states the horses have to be returned if asshat ever gets custody and pays restitution.  The one problem is that I still can’t castrate the studlies, so they will probably have to stay with me for awhile longer.   The mares and geldings will start going to their homes this week, but I won’t be posting “Go Home” posts or updating the rescue site until the court case is finally done and everything is official. 

Oh, and go check out Maverick’s update over on Training the Unwanted!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Oh how cute are they!!!???? Thanks for feeding our frenzy for mini ponies and Brannon - you're a true friend! :-))))