Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chip off the old block (or Chunky Butt Jr.)

Little Mariah is two months old now and growing like a weed.  She’s looking more and more like Maverick every day, and her personality is certainly a lot like Maverick.  Nothing bothers her, she loves people, and not once have I seen her lay her ears back at anyone.

She and Kita are best buddies and Kita just loves the little tyke.  Mariah prefers to spend more time with Kita than with her own mother most days.  Willow is just the milk bar and Kita is the big sister that teaches her the ways of the world and keeps her from harm.  Willow doesn’t seem to mind the arrangement one bit.

 

Just like dear old dad, Mariah is stacked.  Like, sherman tank stacked.  Look how wide she is already!

 

 

 

And that butt… doesn’t that remind you of Maverick’s wide load?  It certainly looks nothing like Willow’s rump.

 

 

Little one is getting her feet trimmed for the first time next week.  I’ve picked up her feet a few times and she just stands there looking at me.  You can do anything to this little girl and she thinks it’s fun – just like Maverick.  Glenn might have to fight me for this one in a few years! :)

 

The hearing for the Fairmont horses is tomorrow!  The only word I want to hear when the judge asks for his plea is “guilty”!  I know, wishful thinking.  :(

2 comments:

Janis Bland said...

You have no idea how much I look forward to updates of your "children". Your posts really make my day!

wvfarmgirl said...

Thanks, Janis! I wish I had good news to report today, but no such luck. The guy's lawyer was filing some sort of motion this morning and the hearing was postponed. I don't know what's going on yet and am waiting for the Sheriff to call me back. The court clerk didn't have specifics and I want DETAILS!!