I knew Jubilee was going to have her foal any day now, so it was no surprise when I went over to the quarantine farm this morning and had an extra set of ears. And, oh my, what a large pair of ears they are!
Didn’t see that one coming! I knew there had been donkeys at the hellhole in Fairmont, but it never occurred to me that one of them could have been a jack and might have impregnated one or more of the girls.
It’s a little girl and she’s just a pistol! She was rearing and kicking at me as I was trying to put iodine on her umbilical stub, but she’s calmed down a bit now that she’s been handled more. Jubilee has been an excellent mother so far and seems to be doing great. Mom and baby are in the barn until tomorrow to make it easier for me to bond with the little one, and to give them a break from the rest of the herd.
Jubilee’s adopter is thrilled and will hopefully be coming up with a name for the little beastie soon!
4 comments:
oh wow, what a wonderful surprise!! I'll be out to see her tonight!
I'm goin' into insulin shock! OMG how CUTE.
Oh my gaaaaaa!!! Cutest. Baby. Ever!!!
Awww! What a doll.
Post a Comment