Timmy has managed to injure his right hip and stifle and is no longer sound for light riding. He’s comfortable enough in the pasture as long as no one is chasing him around, so I think he’ll just live in the yard for awhile and keep Lucille company. Once things calm down around here I’ll haul him up to a vet hospital in Ohio and get him x-rayed to see what we’re dealing with.
Lee hated giving Timmy up, but knows his limits and understands that he can’t care for two horses right now, especially when one of them can eat 200lbs of feed in a week! What he really wanted was a horse he could take down the trail this summer and take on some overnight camping trips with his friends. Did I have a horse like that? It just so happens that I did!
Molly was supposed to be adopted by a girl going to Meredith Manor this month, but when I checked her references and found that she and her boyfriend and dog were all living out of the car, I had to put the kibosh on the adoption. She talked a good game, saying her aunt was helping her out financially, plus she had financial aid for school, and everything would be fine… ever get that feeling that things probably wouldn’t be that fine? Yeah, me too.
Molly is a lot shorter than Timmy, but she’s a stout mare that didn’t have any trouble carrying Lee around. Now she’ll have the one-on-one attention that she needs and Lee will have his trail horse.
Besides, I missed my 1300lb lawn ornament.
1 comment:
Love your new layout! I kept forgetting to mention that.
Thank goodness Molly did not go to that girl. I often wonder what people think. If you can't afford a place to live, how can you afford to feed a horse?
Post a Comment