Just thought you should know, in case you weren’t already aware of that. You’re welcome.
Glenn has been gone for two months and was home yesterday because he had some spare time before he could deliver his load in Cincinnati today. He’s coming home on Thursday and will be here for a week, but it was still nice to have him home for the day to knock off a couple of the “honey-do” items.
While trying to mow the jungle that has become our yard, he noticed a snapping turtle in the pond. He left the mower running, but pointed it across the hill, instead of up or down the hill. He went into the house to grab his gun, came back out and was taking aim when I heard him yell “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”! I was in the garden and couldn’t see the other side of the house, but as soon as I heard the splash I knew what had happened.
Fortunately, the water didn’t get into the carb, so the little amphibian started right back up once we had it out of the water.
{I should also mention that when I stepped into the water to hook the chain to the mower I stepped on a large cow bone. I love our pond. Really.}
He didn’t want me taking pictures and blogging about the incident, but… I’m sorry, honey. It was just way too good to pass up!
2 comments:
I TOTALLY would blog about that too! Haha! Glenn, you're the man though for coming home and mowing for your sweet, adoring wife (lol).
I totally would too!!! LOL!
Post a Comment