Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Toad Fest ‘09

Every year, for one day only, my friend Anne is treated to the spectacle of dozens of fornicating toads in her pond.  This excites both of us, in the same way the loads of rotted manure that we picked up yesterday excites us. 

Get your mind out of the gutter.  We’re excited because both of the things mean that Spring is here, not because we have some kinky toad fetish.

The whole toad orgy starts by swimming up to the bar and ordering a couple of wet flies on the rocks.

toadfest 2 rev

 

It quickly turns into a fumble on the second yard line with 10 seconds of the game remaining.

toadfest 8 rev

 

Football is such a violent sport.

toadfest 5 rev

 

I really think Anne should have a photo blog of her own.   She takes WAY better pictures than I do and has an awesome camera.  Besides, it would give her a new hobby and me one more blog to check out on a daily basis.   And maybe, just maybe, it would encourage her to bring her camera over to my place and help me get better pictures of all these adoptable horses.

{HINT}

However, Anne needs encouragement.  So if you liked these pictures and this one, let her know in the comments.  Hopefully between you guys giving her gentle encouragement and me beating her with a 2x4, she’ll get the hint and start her own photo blog.

2 comments:

warren said...

Yeah! Start a blog! It's fun! I really like the frog-fornication-fest too! Looks like a regular frat-house for frogs you got going there!

anastasia said...

Ann, those are wonderful pics. You have a lot of talent. I have never seen anything like it. Is it true it is only once a year?
Ps. sorry i was off my game the other day when I saw you...chronic sinus is getting to me.