Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dilbert

When the Fairmont horses first arrived here, they were not friendly and they were incredibly furry.  So it was difficult with some to tell which gender they were.  For instance, this one never peed when I was around and we couldn’t get anywhere near it.  So we thought, with that belly, it must be a pregnant mare and named it Daphne.

 

It wasn’t long after I posted about Daphne that I was able to catch her and get a little fresh… and found that Daphne was actually a Dilbert and a gelding at that!  Woohoo!

Dilbert has been turned out with the mares and the other gelding, Casper, for a few weeks now and he’s a lot happier.  Chip and Dagwood were constantly chasing him around once the mares were gone and he was always looking for an escape. 

 

 

Now instead of running from something, he just runs because he can.  :)

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

I like his new name and what a great shot of him running! Happy pony!!

Muppet said...

I LOVE DILBERT!

wvfarmgirl said...

What's not to love? He's da bomb! At bath time yesterday he just stood there like a champ, like he'd done it a million times before -- but I'm betting he hasn't!