First, I have pictures of the play time before dinner tonight.
Blondie and Riley, doing what Riley loves best.
Jubilee running past the camera at breakneck speed (or at least top very pregnant pony speed).
Another video of Tootsie. Because you know you want it.
Then I have updates on some of the larger Fairmont horses.
Dahlia has gotten so much friendlier and will walk up to anyone out in the pasture and stand there to be petted and admired. She’s quite the little attention hound now, and looking more pregnant every day. Ugh.
Poor Chester. His skin is healed and his hair is finally growing back, but that doesn’t make him any less fugly. At least he’s sweet.
Apollo would like to be groomed now. Would someone else please take care of that? Every time I do it, he looks like this five minutes later. So I give up.
Quarantine is just about over so the big mares and geldings are moving to my farm on Thursday. Hopefully, they’ll all jump on the trailer like they did the day we rescued them. Cross your fingers, please!
Xena is my favorite dog to take over to the quarantine farm. She does her herd dog thing and just lies in the grass and watches the mares and babies while they are out. If one strays away from the others, she quietly gets up and follows them. She knows she’s supposed to do something like that, and sometimes she even manages to gently push them back to the rest of the herd. Tootsie has taken a strong interest in playing with Xena, but Xena tucks her tail between her legs and scurries off. Who would have thought that little Tootsie was scary??
Finally, a picture of Willow’s filly. She really deserves her own blog post, but I swear she’s camera shy. Every time I break out the camera she either lays down, or gets right in my face and follows me around so I can’t get a good picture. Little hussy takes after her mother! The GBH named her Mariah.
9 comments:
Darling!
the videos are my crack!
i'm trying to refresh my memory on who willow is...*runs to search*.
(all these horses have my head spinning...)
they look awesome! you're doing a great job.
Willow is the GBH's mare. We thought we had taken care of things after her little midnight rendezvous with Maverick, but apparently not!
I looked her up. What a hussey! Cute baby. How big do you think she'll end up? And...am I totally stoopid..who/what's GBH?
Very nice to see the horses doing good. That little Tootsie is such a cutie and he is soooo SCARY!
Xena is a big girl now! Wasn't she just a little pup not too long ago?
GBH = Great Bald Hunter = Glenn. :)
oooohhhhhhh!!!! lol!!!
Yay - -a Tootsie Video! So much running in those little legs!
Good to see progress - kudos to you once again! (and your many friends and volunteers etc.)
I <3 Chester!
I so hope these horses don't go back to Fairmont. :(
http://www.juanuhcisway.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment