Since Marbles and Maggie won the name poll for the last filly and colt that came to the farm, the second place filly name, Kenzie, goes to the latest addition. She’s an 8 month old spotted Tennessee Walker, and guess what? She’s not halter broke. What is it with people not working with their babies around here??? Her owners bought her from a cattle auction about a month ago for 40 bucks. She’s in good shape, and is a tall leggy little girl. She seems to have a very sweet personality and while I was standing with her tonight she kept breathing in my face trying to introduce herself. She knows what treats and carrots are and seems to have a calm demeanor. When she got off the trailer, she simply looked around and stood quietly beside me. When I let her loose in the pasture she just moseyed off and found some grass to munch on, ignoring Maverick calling to her from the next pasture over.
Glenn fell in love with her the minute he laid eyes on her. He even said that if she turned out to be a good sized mare that gaits, he’d be willing to sell Willow and keep Kenzie. You have no idea how much I like that idea! Anyone want to buy a conceited little hussy too smart for her own good in a couple of years? :)
Anyway, what do you think? I think she’s just a cutie pie.
It took about five minutes for her to see Ellie at the bottom of the hill and rush down to meet her.
Ellie was, of course, on her way up to me to beg for more food. She’s a professional beggar by now.
Ellie really didn’t care if Kenzie wanted to hang out with her or not. She was on a mission for food and nothing and no one was getting in her way.
I know, I know. Yet another youngster that’s just going to hang out around the farm for a couple of years until she can be broke to ride. And another baby that I need to halter break. I guess I need to hurry up and win the lottery so I can quit my job and work with these guys full time.
Is it true that you have to play to win?
3 comments:
I believe that was you! :p
But I think you're right about her being a bay. The hair that's growing back in the bald spots is brown, it's just the longish winter coat hair that is still white. Someone else told me she was a bay with the mealy gene.
I'm no expert on color genes, I just think she's cute. :)
:-0 :=)
She's a super cutie! And wow! Those are some looong legs! Ellie cracks me up! Foood!!! Feeeedmeeeeeeee!!
Post a Comment