Saturday, May 30, 2009

Misfire finds a home

An unknown minivan pulled into the drive last week and out steps an older couple who introduced themselves as the people that own the 1,000 acres that adjoins our place in the back.  Well HELLO!  I’d been wanting to meet them for some time to see if I can get permission to ride on their property.   They’d been wanting to catch me at home for awhile to see if I had any well-broke trail horses to adopt.

I most certainly do!

They liked Misfire from the start and thought she’d be perfect for Mrs. Neighbor who is in her 50’s and just wants a safe horse to plug around on the trails.   They were going to come back to ride her, but then Mrs. Neighbor came down with something and is sick in bed this week.  She sent her son over this morning to see if they could take Misfire home and get her used to their gelding so they’d be buddies before mom was well enough to ride.  Sure!  If she doesn’t work out, she always has a home here.

Talk about pure dumb luck.  I had been worried about hauling Misfire to a new home since, without Bertha, I can’t get my trailer anywhere convenient to work with her.  Badabing, problem solved! 

Not only that, but now I have more trails to ride and more people to ride with and keeping an eye on Misfire will be incredibly easy!