Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Inter-species relationships

I am the last person in the world to be called racist.   Just look at the variety I have here on the farm!  I don’t view humans any different than chickens – variety is the spice of life.  So when it comes to inter-racial relationships, I’m all about doing what makes you happy and to hell with what anyone else thinks about it.

But I guess in some ways I’m a little more traditional than I think.  Take the Elvira / Travis relationship for example.  I figured maybe Elvira was big enough to go into the coop with the rest of the Silkies so I moved her out there Sunday evening.  Bright and early Monday morning, she was standing on the porch scolding me about how terribly frightening it was to walk all the way from the coop back to the house on her own.  I bent over and she practically leapt into my hands and I put her back in with Travis, who was jumping around the hutch in bunny ecstasy when he saw that Elvira was home.

I don’t get it.  Does Travis think he’s a bird or does Elvira think she’s a bunny?  They eat together..

Picture 021

 

… and they even sleep together.

Picture 004

 

Odd as it is, I suppose I can live with it. 

 

But then there’s this.

Picture 002

 

Picture 004

 

Picture 005  

 

And I’m just not sure how I’m supposed to handle  that.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Awwww! That is so sweet! And awesome!

I like the pooch with the kitty,too. My cats loove my golden retriever. Crack me up. Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Too cute! I just love that last picture of Thor and Travis. Precious!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

WVfarmgirl, sorry I have to use this comment section as a message center to your friend Sylvia.

Sylvia: I visited your blog and I wanted to leave you a comment but there was no comment available. Your Lucy sounds like my Samantha, also a Golden.

Anonymous said...

Awww!

Can Baby Dinosaur come and live with me NOW so she can help me get rid of my Sweet Annie infestation?! :) I'm sure she could scratch and peck her way through at least solid fifty unwanted sprouts!