Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sky

Since the last three horses have shown up here, there’s been all sorts of interest in Sky.  He’s garnered almost as much interest as Maverick did in the beginning.   What is it about those adorable little boys that makes all us women swoon and want to just hug and kiss them to death?  I think in Sky’s case, it has a lot to do with those beautiful baby blues of his.

P1300551

 

P1300561b

 

Or is it the case of “diaper rash” on his cute little bum?

P1300561c

 

Or is it all those little baby muscles?

P1300553

 

Maybe it’s his shy side that makes him irresistible?

P1300600 edit 

 

Poor Jasmine.  Doesn’t she realize that if she lets me get a halter on her I will pour a gallon of Cowboy Magic on that mane and make her look beautiful again?  At least she’s finally more comfortable with me being close to her while she eats as long as I don’t try to touch her.  If I so much as move a hand towards her, she gets this nasty little ‘tude and lets me know in no uncertain terms that she will eat me if I try to touch her again.  So far the best I can do is rub her head and neck as long as she’s got her head in the bucket and I’m holding the bucket for her.  She did take a few carrots from my hand the other night for the first time.  Progress!!   I have another four months or so before I need to wean the two, so time is on my side.  She’ll come around eventually or I’ll get stomped.  It’s looking like 50/50 right now.   Bets anyone?

 

Photo credits go to Anne on this one!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

He is a cutie :)