Saturday, May 30, 2009

Some Assembly Required

I did a little retail therapy the other night and bought Glenn the grill he’s been wanting forever.   Since I’m on-call for work this weekend, I had plenty of time to put it together.   On the front of the instruction manual it says “Estimated assembly time:  30 minutes”.   HA.  It took me 30 minutes just to get everything out of the box and unpacked.

Picture 005

 

Once everything was stacked around the porch and I had found the package of nuts and bolts, things went pretty quickly.   I got the casters on (without the caster wrench, which I didn’t find until I was almost done), then got the two sides and back up without a hitch. 

 

Picture 007

 

That’s when I hit a bit of a snag.

Picture 009

 

Lacking a second human, I asked for a canine volunteer.

Picture 010

 

I couldn’t have done it without her.  And without the Noodle, that one piece would have been cold and hairless when I put it on.  I’m not sure how I would have managed.

 

Picture 004

 

Mom, you owe me quite a few meaty bones for this.”

Picture 011

 

As always, there were a few extra pieces.   I’m pretty sure they were just included to make people like me feel like they did something wrong during assembly. 

Picture 018

 

Go team!

Picture 013

 

I’ve got some chicken breasts thawing on the counter, lettuce, spinach, and herbs in the garden, and some raspberry vinaigrette in the fridge.  I can’t wait for dinner!

4 comments:

April said...

The Ho does look like she is waiting for some treats...better get cookin :P

Lena said...

I love the Noodle picture! What would we do without cats to make places warm and furry? :-)
And yeay for you for putting that thing together - you go girl!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

For helping you, Noodle should be getting a T-bone steak instead of a few meaty bones. :P

Good job girlfriend!

Sylvia said...

Nice job! Good looking grill, too!!
Love the puppy dog and the kitty cat shots...LOL :D
And hey! What's a good meal without some hair? That's the motto in my house anyway LOL.