Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Random Lunch 11/25/08

As most of you who have read my blog for awhile are aware, I am not the clothes shopping type. I abhor shopping for clothes and have worn the same pair of stretch jeans for the past three years. This last year I've been pulling them up every couple of steps and feeling like a big fat plumber in the process. I've pulled them up by the belt loops so often that the belt loops have all busted. And yes, I'm sure I could sew them back on if I had another year or two. But as I was telling Anne just this morning, put a needle and thread in my hands and I'll likely stitch a couple of fingers together.

So it was time. Time to toss the stretched out stretchies and get a real pair of jeans (or three). The weather here lately has made me lust for a pair of those fleece-lined jeans from L.L. Bean or Cabellas. Every time I hike up to the barn and top the ridge, the wind blasts at me and my thighs take hours to thaw. But what size am I now? I know I've lost a ton of weight since buying this farm (imagine that), but had no idea what size I was down to. Of course it would have made sense to go to a store and try things on. But that would have required going into a clothes store. So I just took a guess and ordered a pair of fleece-lined jeans from Cabellas that were three sizes smaller than what I was a year ago. At least I didn't order three pair all at once. What a pain it would have been to return them all, right?

I wish I had ordered five pair! I can't believe how wonderfully these fit! They're comfy in the waste, not too baggy in the hips or thighs, and absolutely toasty warm! I also bought them with a 34" inseam so they wouldn't ride up my leg when sitting or riding a horse. Can I say again how perfect they are?? Now I can't wait to go out into the driving snow and 28 degree weather to feed tonight.

But most importantly, do you know what this means? It means I don't ever have to set foot in a clothing store again! Somehow, I've mastered the art of clothes shopping on the web and will never need to try on another article of clothing again. Which means I can spend my shopping time in more functional places, like Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, and any tack store I happen to find.

Life is good.

4 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I'm like you, I HATE clothes shopping at a store. I would much prefer buying clothes online, although I don't buy stuff very often.
I would occationally buy some clothes from Wal-Mart because I was there getting something else and saw some clothes that I like, that priced right as well.

Anonymous said...

OMG, y'all should have heard her whine when she had to stand there and let me hold up a shirt against her. I didn't even have her disrobe or try on...just held it up. It was like I asked a little kid to wash up and dress for company! I will verify her hatred of trying clothes is deeeeeep.

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

That's very funny Anastasia!

Have a happy Thanksgiving WVFarmgirl!

Anonymous said...

Ha, you're IT! 6 random things about you, and you have to tag someone else...

On other news, I cooked my turkey in a WOK! AND it worked! YAY! :)