Monday, November 17, 2008

Four letter words

Wind
Rain
Cold
Snow


These are the reasons there were not many training updates posted last week. When I tell you I'm going to take vacation next year, will someone please remind me to take it during WARM weather?? Apparently, I'm not bright enough to figure that one out on my own.


We did have a wonderful ride on Friday though. Anne and her friend Michelle and I rode the North Bend Trail, which used to be a railroad.


There was much chatting.





And many smiles.





And dark and scary tunnels that both Willow and Meghan marched through without problem.







I was the only one taking pictures and Willow was feeling left out. To make up for that I took a picture of her ears. You can see how absolutely thrilled she was about the ride.




This is definitely a trail that I'll be utilizing more often in the training of some of the rescues. If they can go through dark tunnels and over scary bridges without fail then they are ready to move on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The horses went through the tunnels waaaaay calmer than I would've...holy crow!

Anonymous said...

We share the same definition of bad words!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Oh come on now...SNOW is not a bad word.

You actually went in the dark tunnel? Looks kinda scary.

meddywv said...

Well, now I will have to email you the pics I took! Were you sore the next day? Me and Ace sure were! It was a beautiful day for a ride!

Janis Bland said...

Love Willow's ears!