Gun Digest 2002
Driver #8
The Earnhardt collection
Dale Earnhardt: Rearview Mirror
American Hunting Rifle
... and the list goes on. Obviously, these aren't mine and just listing them should give you insight into Glenn. I hope you feel enlightened now.
If I hop up and hang a right into the kitchen I find my "china" cabinet which is filled with recipe and herb books. Since no one probably wants to have only part of a recipe, I reached for the first herbal I came to: Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs. On flipping to page 56 I have to chuckle. This is a picture of Jewel that I took today at lunch, her forelock tangled up with burrs.
On page 56 of Rodale's, I find this:
Burdock, Arctium Lappa
Two species came to the New World where they quickly escaped to become hardy, widely dispersed weeds. A fast-growing biennial with large, wavy, egg-shaped leaves, burdock has been distinguished throughout by the burrs it sets after flowering, but it is burdock's long thick taproot that has made it a boon to herbalists and an implacable enemy to other gardeners. Yanking a misplaced mint out of the garden in one thing, but burdock roots just don't yank.
Perfect timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment