Abbybutt is back and this time he brought a friend. The friend that they got so that Appybutt wouldn't get wonder lust again. They are trying to dismantle the fence as I type. The more squealing I hear, the angrier I get. I've called animal control, enough is enough.
The snow is coming down so hard I can barely see the top of the driveway from the house. The vet is due to come back out for Classy again this morning. She's not doing much better so it's time for a blood panel to be done. She's still eating and drinking and seems to be putting on a little weight, but she still isn't her normal self.
Glenn is fixing the 4 wheel drive on his truck tonight so we can get the trailer out of the pasture and deliver Manny to his new home this weekend. Did I mention that before? The owner of the feed store is adopting him as a companion animal. He'll have a pasture with two primadonna Arab mares who hate being caught. The young girl that lives there will just love having an attention whore like Manny to dote on! In the Spring they'd like to adopt two rideable horses. I think being adopted by someone who owns a feed store is probably the best stroke of luck Manny has ever had.
We're also getting supplies tomorrow morning to build the loafing shed in the bachelor pasture. We're hoping to at least have the posts and roof up by Saturday night, then I can work on nailing up the sides during the week after work and on lunch breaks. Saturday night we're headed over to Anastasia's so she can give me the "Barbie" treatment for the parade in a couple of weeks. The Christmas parade went from two riders to seven, including me. They want me on Quest with a red and gold Aussie type theme. I've just been sitting back and letting this happen since everyone else seems much more into it than I am. I think it's a great idea, but I'm more the sit back and watch it unfold type, than the be in the spotlight smiling for the audience type. I'm just hoping Quest is a spotlight type of horse and doesn't decide to trample the highschool marching band into little bits and pieces. I also hope he likes red and gold.
7 comments:
Poor Appybutt! He knows what's good for him, too bad about his people :-(
How DID it go from 2 riders to 7? Ok, it did start with Emilee and Mikayla being determined to go. How did Kayla get herself into this? Did I tell her? I do know that once Kayla and her dad got it in their heads to go, Jessie was bummed until you said he could ride Willow - which places the blame squarely on me. Then how did Bonnie know to do it? Did she overhear us? Was there ever any question that you would not somehow find a reason to ride? And how did I end up being costume girl??? Oh yeah, I remember saying that if you were going to ride, ride to win....and free advertise. Hey, all I can say is if it weren't a good idea, then all these people would not have gotten us talked into it!!!!! It is not like we were begging people to come ride in the parade and represent HHH, the coolest place....
So it's pretty much all your fault? Is that what you're saying? Cause I could go along with that. :)
No worries, it'll be fun! And think of all the horror stories we'll have to tell for years to come. And the all the pictures (of everyone besides me) that I can post on the blog.
OH OH OH! WHEN WHEN WHEN are you going? Can I come?! Pleeeaaasee???
Maggie,
It's December 6th at 6pm in St. Mary's. Be there or be square. Want to ride Kit with us?
Of COURSE I want to ride Kit...of course I have the laundry list of why nots...but are you riding Quest?!
That seems to be the general consensus. I'm going to try to put in some saddle time on lunch breaks and after work between now and then and get a better feel of whether or not he can handle it. If he can't, then I'll ride Kita. But a solid black TB would be much "purdier" and attention getting than Kita. But then, she is fairly ginormous and would tower above the rest. So I guess it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other! If I ride Quest, you'll have to ride your "white" Kit next to me. We'll be ying and yang. lol
Anastasia -- make it 8 riders. :)
Post a Comment