And I can just picture YD tsk tsking me while shaking her head in disappointment. I'm sorry. I just couldn't be bothered with brooms and vacuums. It was much easier to bask in my self-pity over not sleeping and being stuck in the house on such a beautiful day. It really does take a lot less energy than cleaning the house.
But I canned another five quarts of chard in between working client calls that started coming in like crazy after my last post and kept me busy well into the night. Does that excuse my lack of a post all week? Um, no. I just haven't had a darned thing to say all week, except for some training posts over on Training the Unwanted. So I apologize profusely to all 12 of you that read my blog. There have been no monster maters, no missing dogs, no new adorable Thor pictures, and nothing new to share about the guineas. In a nutshell, my life is boring.
I did get spinach and collard seeds started on Sunday and they are already coming up and are almost ready to be transplanted to bigger pots. The beets that I sowed on Friday are up and growing fast. My tomatoes are still putting out like crazy and the bells peppers are finally starting to realize they are not meant to be green. The pineapple tomatillos are still doing way more than their share to supply me with fresh food and the Litchi tomatoes are really starting to produce in huge numbers. I think next year I'll plant a few more of those! I would like to try dehydrating them, but they never make it into the house. Kind of like the red raspberries -- victims of my impatience.
I see that I still have nothing to say. Sorry about that.
Tomorrow, Kita and I are headed over to Anastasia's for trail riding and picture taking (and I'm sure there will be more sorbet in there somewhere). I'll be taking a lot of pictures for Hunter's training blog, as well as pretending to be a giddy schoolgirl as part of his "kid" training. I anticipate much giggling and silliness tomorrow, but will NOT be taking pictures of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment