Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun stuff

I'm sure you've noticed that new little widget over there on the left. The black box, as it's called, seems to be the new addictive fad in blogging. And I'll admit, I'm hooked! Already this morning I've found three new blogs that I've added to my favorites. Click on it, I dare you. It's kind of like potato chips (and cats), you can't click just once. So have "fun" at work on this Monday and meet some new bloggers that have more interesting things to say than I do.

I didn't grow up wanting to be an astronaut, but I was as much into Star Trek as the next sci-fi teenage geek. Except for the original. There was just that male chauvinist, egotistical, put the woman in her place (while wearing a very short skirt) attitude on that show that really turned me off. My step-father, the tried and true rebel without a cause redneck, loved that show. Now that I'm older, I understand why.

So it was much to my fascination that I discovered this NASA site by using the black box widget. Not only do I find space photographs intriguing, but now I can compare what I remember from Star Trek The Next Generation to the real photos from NASA. Somehow, I doubt the crystalline entity has been seen by NASA yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, do share! Who have you found? I found you.

A World Away said...

May the Force be With you. Here by way of the BB. Cheers. Like the horsey image!

wvfarmgirl said...

Kath - how cool that you and your sister blog together! I haven't had a chance to read too much, but it seems you both have a very unique writing style. I'll be checking back again soon!

AWA - Ooooh, I LUV the scenic pic that I saw in you last post! That's beautiful! I'm afraid to go back to your blog too often, I may actually have to LEARN something! But I'm sure I'll be checking in again tomorrow. :)

A Concerned Citizen said...

Thanks very much for stopping to hello when you found my blog via the BB. Your blog is lovely - I'll be coming back! I was in WV for the first time earlier this year (the Cheat River Logde near Elkins) - what a beautiful state, and so many outdoorsy things to do. My fiance tried to get me to go horseback riding. Although I firmly believe that horses are one of the most beautiful creatures on the planet, I couldn't quite overcome my fear of riding one, so we went canoeing instead. Perhaps you have tips for overcoming horse-related fear?