Saturday, September 6, 2008

Do I HAVE to clean the house?

If you're wondering about all the posts on a Saturday, let me explain. Typically my weekends are jam-packed and I don't often get a chance to blog. This weekend I'm on-call for work and am technically chained to the phone all weekend. About as far as I can go is the garden and even then I have to leave the phone on the porch and listen for it's siren song calling me to the computer.

The good news about being on-call is that we rarely get any calls. So this provides ample time for canning, freezing, dehydrating... and house cleaning. As I type I'm sitting on the porch staring at the tomato plants willing them to ripen a bushel or two so I have something more to can. Because I really really really don't want to clean the house. It's gotten to the point where it's just too depressing to even look at and the first question is where to begin. Now don't get me wrong, there are days when I hop out of bed with the need to clean and become a whirling dervish and the house is spotless in under four hours. This is not one of those days. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm still an allergy infested insomniac and also had several client calls that kept getting me out of bed last night. Not that I was asleep when the phone rang, but that didn't keep me from grumbling and cursing as I had to offload several cats before getting out of bed and then trip over three snoring dogs on my way to the living room each time.

Why not keep the computer in the bedroom? Because I'm a workaholic. If it was there on the nightstand and I couldn't sleep, I'd be working. 'Nuff said.

So now I need to figure out the next step. Find something else to do as a stall tactic before cleaning the house, or suck it up, crank up the stereo and just get to it?

Or go back to bed?







I think there's some chard out in the garden ready to be canned. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am late...but go back to bed next time!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I'm back from our camping trip and I had just posted some pictures. If you have time in between your naps or if you have time from CLEANING your house please stop by.

Juri said...

I have enjoyed reading your posts....great blog! I laughed reading this post, too...I have days when I don't want to do the obvious, clean house, but it needs it and I feel guilty not doing something else...so I desperately look around for ANYTHING to do, other than clean!

Juri

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

...shaking my head at you and Juri