Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just a quickie

As you all know by now, we live out in the styx. And we're mostly rednecks. We don't have gun racks in the trucks, Glenn doesn't chew tobacco (anymore), and our wallets are not on chains. We don't have an old Chevy on cinder blocks in the front yard and we didn't meet at the family reunion. So maybe we're really not rednecks after all. Besides, we do have a modern day ADT system.





We need little stickers on all of our windows that say "This house protected by man-eating dogs." What we won't tell you, is that just like a Tootsie pop, it will take thousands of licks to kill you.


And a very new and efficient paper shredder from Best Buy:




That's part of today's mail, by the way. The mail which I had not had a chance to go through yet. Fortunately, he fell asleep before completely destroying it. After I made sure it was a bill, I gave it back to him.

I'm off to finally process those tomatoes from Saturday, as well as the three baskets that I've picked since then. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the best alarms systems ever...they of course, double as heaters too! Excellent!

wvfarmgirl said...

Warren - the problem is that my alarm system is overly sensitive and likes to alert me to passing bunny rabbits, deer grazing a mile away, and leaves falling into the yard too loudly. And this particular "heater" is usually way too stinky to want to cuddle up with him!

Lena -I always freeze my maters, but just until I can get around to canning them. I try not to rely on the freezer too much, for just that reason. We lose electricty out here a lot, and until we get a generator, I don't want to lose everything!

I saw finny knits recipe, but haven't tried it yet. Last night I just stuck with tried and true since I was in a hurry.

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I just saw this post(told you I need to play catch-up)...it's so cute!

Alarm system/heater/hair design/door stop...whatever.

I got a paper shredder as well. Too bad those bills don't just "go away" after you shredded them.