Thursday, August 28, 2008

How did you do that??

Hey! You in CT! How did you find my other new blog before I even linked to it or announced it? I just set that blog up yesterday and haven't even finished the first post yet, but I see you got here from there yesterday. That's some wicked ESP skills you have! Can you bottle that and sell it? Or just teach me how to do it? Man, that would come in handy at work!


Anyhow, I'm doing a new blog just to chronicle the training of all the rescues. I figure a lot of you are here for the gardening stuff so I don't want to bore you with horse training. This doesn't mean horses will no longer play a part in this blog, I just won't be getting into specifics here about the training of each one. A separate, more "compact" blog seemed like the best idea to help me track everyone's training and to keep a journal on how things go with each one. Any potential adopters may also find the training information useful on the horse that they are interested in. You'll find a link to Training the Unwanted over there on the left if you're interested.

Classy's potential adopter came out in the pouring rain yesterday to check her out. She didn't ride, but will be coming out again either tonight or tomorrow to ride if she can. If not, she'll be riding her Sunday on a trail ride with Glenn and I as a trial. She seemed to like Classy, but she couldn't take her eyes off of Jewel! And Jewel couldn't keep her lips off Glenn. He had walked up to the pasture with us and was the only one to bring a pocket full of treats. Jewel spent the whole time lipping his pants pocket and tapping him in the back with her nose, and at one point she shoved her whole head between his legs from behind. Needless to say, he was a little shocked!

On a sadder note, Brie has been gone since yesterday morning. I'm trying to remain optimistic because she has disappeared overnight before, just not in a very long time. And rarely does she go anywhere in the rain. Usually, she's back and waiting by the door in the morning when I get up, but not this morning. The worry is starting to creep in and if she's not back by the time I get off work I'll take a horse out into the hills and see if I can find her. I've heard horror stories of dogs getting stuck in wild animal traps, but none of my neighbors within miles trap. She's always been smart about cars and isn't the type to come close to strangers, even if they have a raw t-bone in their lap. She's spayed of course, so she's not out trying to make puppies. So where the heck is she??

No comments: