Monday, August 25, 2008

As the world turns

I was just told by my friend April that the world revolves around her and she relies on me to produce a new blog post more often than I do. Apparently, she hasn't noticed the Friday then Tuesday post pattern I've fallen into and insisted on having one today. Doesn't she realize that my weekends are CRAZY and I need a day to recuperate before becoming organized enough to blog? So here goes a very unorganized post with a hodgepodge of everything (no change from normal, really).


I do have one thing to mention... I have potential adopters for at least two horses, Classy being one of the two! Wooohoo! One adopter is coming out on Wednesday to try out Classy. The other adopter is looking for a well-broke older horse just to mosey around the yard on. Megalia may fit this to a T, but I've been waiting for her to put on more weight before I evaluate her. She's gotten to the point where you can still barely see her ribs, but her butt, chest and shoulders have filled out nicely so I'll start working her tonight and see what we've got. They may also be interested in adopting Hunter for their little girl once he's broke next year. He looks a lot like the little mini that she rides now, but she'll outgrow him by next year. Both adopters currently have very fat, sleek, shiny, trimmed, HEALTHY horses. This is a big fat bonus when checking out potential adopters!


Guinea update: I realized that I left you guys hanging on the guineas. I believe I last told you that we had one left in the coop, the one that Thor dropped at my feet. The next day, one of the remaining five made it back to the coop and was trying desperately to get in with his buddy. They've been together since and are doing well and growing quickly. We're going to leave them in the coop until we either have more adult guineas to release with them, or until they've bred and raised some keats. This is going to be impossible if they are both the same sex, but I'm using the ignorance is bliss theory and continuing with my happily ever after scenario.


Glenn has been picking on me because my picture has not yet made it onto the blog, but his has. Especially the one of him in his boxers. Hey, that wasn't my fault, I warned him! And because I believe the camera can steal my soul, I hate HATE HATE having my picture taken.


Ok, so that soul part isn't true, I'm just camera shy. REALLY camera shy. I have no current pictures to share with you. So to make Glenn happy, and because I'm twisted this way, I thought I'd share a wedding picture taken back in 1995 when I married some other guy. This is one of the few wedding pictures I even kept, simply because Junior was in it. And I'm far enough way that it's hard to really see me. This alone makes it a keeper. :)











I leave you with a picture of the Jilly Bean (aka Jelly Belly) and a picture of Thor eating her brother, Jack. And a promise that someday soon the allergies will stop stuffing my head with boogers and I'll be a little more coherent.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rude.... :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, can I help it if I enjoy reading your blogs? it's the only entertainment I have out here in Colorado...well, i guess if i ventured outside once in awhile, that wouldn't be true..but hey, I am a hermit and like to stay close to home, which means I have to use the internet to entertain myself....besides, some of us aren't lucky enough to live out in the sticks as you do....so i have to live my country life through you :~) sidenote..i really need to move back to wyoming

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I love that new header!
Picture from 1995? That's not acceptable! We demand a most recent picture of you!(April - help me out here.)
That's really good news about the potential adopters.
I do hope you feel better soon with this allergy crap.

Anonymous said...

If we all send her Chocolate and Manna Pro Horse Treats (Butterscotch or Peppermint), then I bet we can bribe her into getting a more recent photo out there!