As you know by now, I’m an atheist. I don’t believe in a higher power because no one has ever proven it to me. I can’t see, smell, touch, hear, or taste this divine being everyone talks about. Faith? I have plenty of faith. I have faith in myself and the creatures around me. Miracles, in my opinion, don’t happen because of an all-powerful being. They happen because of science, or the hard work, intelligence, and ingenuity of humans.
I’m not trying to offend anyone here, so please don’t take me the wrong way. I’m not trying to preach from my soapbox or start a debate, either. Religion and an invisible divinity certainly have their places in the world and I think that some people need faith in a higher power in order to get through their lives. We’re all different and that’s what makes the world go ‘round, right?
Having said all of that, the fact that this horse is still alive is a miracle. Her organs should have given up way before she got to this point. Renal or heart failure should have put her at peace weeks ago, and the fact that her blood tests show no sign of either is simply unbelievable. Man certainly had nothing to do with this mare still being alive when she was rescued, although some asshat had everything to do with letting her get to this condition in the first place! Dare I say that the mare had faith that she’d be saved? Do horses think like that? Who are we to say what and how an animal thinks? Was she hanging on to a thin hope that some human would come along and save her? Or that the asshat that did this to her would suddenly love and feed her again? Or was her will to survive, that instinct passed down from generation to generation, so strong that she just couldn’t give up?
I would love to know what was going on in her head as she slowly starved to the point where most horses would have given up and died, but I never will. I do hope, that at some point, we all know what was going on inside the human’s tiny little brain to let this happen in the first place. And call me hypocritical if you will, but I see nothing wrong with “an eye for an eye” type of justice here. Nope, nothing at all wrong with that!
*****Please consider donating to the 501c3 rescue that saved this mare. It’s going to take a very long time for her to recover and I’m sure they could use anything you can spare.
3 comments:
Poor little grace. That name is perfect for her. There's a 'special' place for the POS responsible for her condition.
Opps! I deleted the above because of a silly typo.
A miracle, for sure :(
Bless her heart :( Wow!
While I believe in God and am a Christian, I admit his followers show forth only few evidences, by and large, of him here on earth.
Thank you for sharing her with us. . . I will cross post in hopes of finding donations for her.
Post a Comment