In the past week and a half, three different people have called me to donate hay. The first had lost her last horse and didn’t want anymore. She had about 130 bales in her barn and was looking for a place to donate it. It took two trips, but it’s in our barn now.
The second was a very nice couple that live about 6 miles away. I’ve never met them before, but they called me up last week and wanted to “come out and just see what you’re about”. So they came out a few days ago, met all the horses and we traded stories (they currently have six horses, one of them a rescue), then they said they wanted to donate a bunch of hay, but first needed to make sure I was nothing like the “so-called rescue” an hour down the road. Apparently, I’m not. 170 bales delivered by them over the last two days now sits in our barn.
The third is a friend of mine that is also fostering two horses and adopted Shortcake, Ginger, and Huey. She and her husband bale their own hay and they were offered a new farm to bale this year. I went down today while they were baling and now 82 more bales are sitting on the truck and trailer waiting for tomorrow to be introduced to our barn. They offered more hay, but my barn is full!
Even though I feed round bales, I still like to have the barn full of square bales in the event that the weather is so bad that I can’t get to my round bale supplier. I should have put “fill barn with hay” on my project list just so I’d have something to cross off!
I also got some training done yesterday and Mariah really wanted to hinder help! So go check it out over on the new blog!
1 comment:
That's nice of those people to donate hay. Hay, what's for dinner? :)
Post a Comment