Friday, August 13, 2010

Foster Homes Needed

The HSUS of WV will be seizing several horses in Raleigh County next week and need to find foster homes for them.   Below is what the HSUS representative has said about the horses:

“The bay pinto filly is approx 2 years old and is a total sweetie, the bay mare with one half of her right ear missing seems to be 8 or so and is very gentle, lastly, the dark bay mare is older (prob 12 or so) and is a sweet one as well.  I may have a home for the dark bay mare but am unsure. All have good feet, surprisingly, and are slick, without rain rot. They get along well and I have handled them all. They all do very well, love being around people, and receiving attention. I am not sure if they ride but would say all do except for the pinto as she is very young. “

These three are all mares, the one on the right is the two year old filly. 

 

ghenthorses (2)

 ghentmares (2)

 ghentpintofilly (2)

This is the poor stallion, who from what I understand, was turned loose with the mares.  We all know what that means!

ghentstallion (2)

 

HSUS can provide transportation if you’re willing to foster one or more of these horses.  Their feet aren’t bad, HSUS will get them wormed, so it would seem the only thing they need is groceries and some TLC!  If interested, please contact the HSUS WV State Director: 

Summer Wyatt
swyatt@humanesociety.org
304.887.4058

No comments: