Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Fairmont Boys

I promised pictures of the stallions that I still had left over from the Fairmont seizure and I’m finally delivering.  Better late than never?

This is Chip, and I would like someone to supersize him for me.  Because I love him and he is the black stallion horse that I always wanted as a little girl, only trial size.  I would like the family pack sized version, please.

 

I think next spring I’ll find a pony-sized harness, fix up the pony cart that has been sitting up on the ridge since before we bought this place, and turn Chip into a cart pony. 

Everyone falls in love with Don Juan.  Granted, he’s very handsome, but he’s just not my type of horse.  He’s very narrow and I prefer to feel like there’s a full-dress Harley under me rather than a moped.  I’m sure once he’s gelded and evaluated under saddle, he’ll have a home in no time.

Dagwood… I love him!  He and Rusty are so affectionate and whenever I’m out there, the two of them are right next to me, one on either side, following my every move.  He’s the first to nicker at me when I come out the door in the morning, and was the first stud to make Riley welcome at weaning time.  Does he know he’s Riley’s father?  I wonder.

 

Little Rusty… this is as far away as I could get for a picture.  He’s like a fat leech with legs and fur.

 

Fraggle is much sleeker and shinier than when you last saw him.  He’s also a big sweetheart that’s always looking for attention and a head rub.

 

 

Last, but certainly not least, Kincaid.  He is quickly becoming the new Maverick!  Kincaid is showing a lot of the same intelligence and need to please that endeared Maverick to me.  He nickers at me every time he sees me and has the same sense of humor that I saw in Mav.  He’s still jumpy and shy around strangers, but is always looking for a scratch behind the ears when I’m alone.

   

 

Riley went to his foster home today.  His main job in life is to keep Huey company and I’m sure the two of them will get into all sorts of trouble once they’re together again!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

The picture of dagwood is *beautiful*
they all look great!

wvfarmgirl said...

Thanks! I like that one of Dagwood, too. He's so photogenic, but then, what animal isn't? :)

Tinia said...

Don Juan - what a pretty boy!