Monday, March 8, 2010

Updates

Marilyn the pig was killed in her pen last Tuesday.  She had long clean gashes in her sides and her haunches had been chewed on.  There were no wounds around her head or neck.  I’m thinking our friendly neighborhood big cat that attacked Sadie last year is back.  Something had to have jumped the 6’ dog kennel panels that had surrounded the pigs.  Bacon Butt escaped by breaking one of the boards on their shelter.  I found him loose with the main herd on Wednesday morning.  Until yesterday, he’d been hanging out in the yard with Timmy.  Then I came home from town yesterday to find the neighbor’s starving inbred pack of dogs surrounding Bacon Butt, who was lying on the ground grunting, twitching, and bleeding out.  The dogs took off when I got out of the truck and I used one of Glenn’s rifles to put poor piggie out of his misery. 

 

I have still not been able to get any answers from Marion County about those horses in Fairmont.  Has anyone else called the sheriff’s department and had any better luck?  I’ve asked PETA to get involved by putting pressure on the sheriff’s department and hopefully that will make a difference.

 

 

Crazy breeder down the road is keeping blankets on her horses in this beautifully warm and sunny weather, just to hide the fact that they’re starving.  Maybe I should throw a blanket on Jolie to hide the fact that she’s filthy.   Damned grays.  They always have to roll in the mud.

 

Doc is coming out next Tuesday to castrate Maverick and Sky, even if the weather sucks.   Mav is getting a little too horny with the warm weather coming on.

 

Traveler and Timmy finally have some updates over on Rescue Recoveries, so please go check them out.  Those will probably be the last updates until they shed out in another month or so. 

 

1 comment: