Saturday, March 27, 2010

Finally, a happy ending!

When I got back from town with feed this morning there was a message on my machine from the Pleasants County ACO asking for my help in picking up and transporting a rescue back to her place.  I thanked her immensely for not asking me to take the horse and told her I’d be there as soon as I unloaded the truck and hooked up the trailer.

The story on this mare is fairly odd and I have to keep quiet about it.   Suffice it to say she’s got happier days ahead of her now!

She’s about 15 years old and we don’t know her breeding or her history.

 

 

It was obvious the way she jumped into the trailer without being led and backed out on her own as soon as the butt bar was down, that she’s been pretty well trained and used.   But those days are over, thanks to her many arthritic joints and those huge calcified knees.

 

 

Thanks to the ACO’s mom, this mare has many happy years of being a pampered pasture ornament ahead of her!

3 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

We need more happy endings like that.

wvfarmgirl said...

I know what you mean! I could use some more happy endings, too. I've got a couple of endings in the works that look hopeful and will be happy to share when they happen. :)

Lena said...

Oh look at her....but I'm so happy someone decided to do something about it. Kudos to your for helping out!! :-)