Last year we bought a young Bourbon Red turkey girlfriend for Major Tom the Royal Palm. Unfortunately, they are both more interested in me than each other. Major Tom follows me everywhere, strutting his stuff, puffing out his feathers, and thrumming in an effort to get me to do his bidding. Whatever that might be. I’m not really sure I want to know.
Then there’s the Bourbon Red. I haven’t come up with a name for her yet, at least not one that I can ever remember when I’m trying to yell at her.
She’s with me wherever I go outside. If I sit down on the ground, she sits behind me, right up against my back. If I’m in a chair, she’s either jumping into my lap, or sitting on the back of the chair and resting her head on top of mine. She loves to be petted and stroked and closes her eyes and makes a funny noise when she’s really happy. Do turkeys “purr”? I swear that’s what it seems like.
If I’m not paying attention to her, she just plants herself at my feet until I either notice her or trip over her. I’m waiting for her to start rubbing up against my legs like a cat.
When I pick her up, she always cranes her neck around so that her head is up against me. Please tell me what I’ve done to deserve such annoying unconditional love so that I don’t make the same mistake with the next turkey!
1 comment:
How cute! Guess she is safe from being thanksgiving dinner. And that Major Tom is very handsome!
Post a Comment