Saturday, June 27, 2009

Synergy and Jacob

These are the second two horses from the same family where Holly and Kisses came from.  Anne and I got home shortly after 9PM last night with them.  Holly and Kisses recognized them immediately and came running up to the trailer to greet them.

This is Synergy, a 7yo Trakehner mare.  She’s a very sweet and personable mare.

Picture 009

Picture 008

 

Jacob is an 8yo Percheron / Standardbred cross who is definitely not hurting that much in the fat department.  He’s a great big sweetheart that scored a 65% on his first dressage test!

Picture 005

Picture 006

 

He went into the quarantine pasture with his girls last night, but after feeding this morning I put him in the bachelor pad with Quest, Maverick, and Stride.  It was a fairly uneventful meeting, except that Jacob managed to kick Maverick in the leg.  Mav gimped around for a few minutes, then was fine.  Whew!

I’m on-call for work this weekend, but have Monday off.  I’ll get on Jacob Monday for evaluation then get him up on the website.  I’m also going to finally try to get pictures of Frisky and Gentry for the website.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I don't think you'll have trouble finding any of them new homes. Wish I could take Jacob!

Lena said...

They are all beautiful! I'm so happy the family found you. They look lovingly groomed at least. :-)

Sylvia said...

see. i knew finding them homes wouldnt take long. :)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

They are beautiful. Sad to hear that the family has to give up their beloved horses but it's for the horses' own good.