Tuesday, May 27, 2008

R.I.P Little Bird

The little bird from the other night didn't make it. I had brought in all the cats I could find, which left Lucifer outside after I put the bird in the back of the truck. At least he was nice enough to leave the dead little body right in front of the door on the porch so I'd find it in Saturday morning and not have to wonder if he made it through the night. Luci is so considerate that way. Almost as thoughtful as Noodle when he brought a baby bird in the house screeching today while I was working. Poor baby didn't even have any feathers, but it was still rather large. I really didn't need to hear the poor thing crying so shooed Noodle back outside with his prize. It wouldn't have done me much good to save it since it was so young and I had no idea which nest it came from.





Check out the thunderstorm we had this afternoon. This picture was taken about 15 minutes after it started to rain. We had "ponds" between each raised bed and all I kept thinking was how glad I was that we did raised beds this year!


























I guess the rain hit a little too fast for Jack, who got caught out in it and came running in the door crying. Heidi was quick to jump up and help him dry off. But even that didn't improve his mood.





















I think that look says it all.

















A work-friend of mine came to visit on Sunday with her family. They were up from Maryland for a graduation and they stayed in a small town only 15 minutes away. We had never met before, but had tried on several occasions and just couldn't make it happen. Besides being an incredibly cool family (and her daughter Jessie just got engaged on Friday... CONGRATS Jessie and Derek!) she brought me a little sign that says "Cats are like potato chips, you can't only have just one." It now hangs by the front door to warn all visitors of possible cat allergies and dead little bird bodies everywhere.





This is one of those small towns where everyone knows everyone. Ever seen the movie Doc Hollywood? Remember the line: "You can't poop in this town without everyone knowing what color it is"? Well, that's this town. We went to a BBQ last night for Memorial Day and all 12 adults there knew our neighbor, Worthless Horse Owner. And the general consensus is that once she sobers up she'll be over to get her horse. But no one seemed to have any guesses on when she might sober up. Could be days, weeks, months... there's no telling. So for now appybutt is still hanging out with Mav, driving Willow into a sexually frustrated frenzy, and shaming Junior to no end with his womanizing ways. What happens when he goes? Will I put Junior back in with Mav and once again separate the old married couple? Or leave Mav by himself? Don't worry, I've got something up my sleeve. ;)

No comments: