Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Unmountable Boot Volume

After 16 years of working in the computer field, you’d think I’d be smart enough to keep a backup of my work in case of hard drive failure. 

Nope.

The only excuse I can come up with, is that the brain cells are slowly leaking out of my nose and I’m losing common sense as I age.

Anyway, that’s where I’ve been.  Computerless.  Internetless.  Whining to everyone because I lost a year of photos and the spreadsheet where I kept all data for the horses.  At least I can use the blog to recreate most of that – except for all of the contact information for a few of the adopters.  I have email addresses for most of you, and know physically where all of you live so I can hunt you down if necessary.   So if you’ve adopted a horse from me, please feel free to volunteer your contact information again before I have to send some Italian guy named Guido to your door (horsehavenholler@frontiernet.net).

 

Thanks!

1 comment:

tinia said...

Oh Wow! I'm sorry to hear that happened! I would be so upset! I have an external hard drive just in case, but I still feel like that isn't enough - lol!