Timmy is the starving TB stallion I mentioned in my last post. He arrived here yesterday, looking a lot worse than the pictures I had been sent of him. The camera really does add poundage!
It amazes me how some people seem to think that horses can live on air. Or they just don’t give a damned about a living, breathing, feeling animal. Whoda thunk this horse actually feels pain and depression because he’s starving?? Aren’t they just like tractors and cars?? Why can’t I tie him up to my trailer for three days with no water or food?? You mean that’s wrong??
I’d really like to string the guy up that did this. Let’s bring back lynching as a legal form of punishment! What do you say?
Timmy’s condition hits especially close to home with me, because not only is he a big chestnut TB with a blaze, but he’s also got a very Junior-like personality. He’s a friendly and personable guy who has no problem with using a complete stranger as a scratching post, and made friends with Maverick almost immediately last night. Within minutes they were playing bite face with each other over a pile of hay, and scratching each other’s withers. The other boys just did a quick introduction while doing the suckling “I’m a baby, please don’t hurt me” mouth motions. Timmy just sniffed them and dismissed them to go back to their hay.
Doesn’t he have just the sweetest face??
Check out more pictures of Timmy over on Rescue Recoveries.
6 comments:
Sometimes I hate people for the reason. You already know how I feel about people who don't take care of their animals. I truly think they should be treated the same way they treat their animals.
Yes, Timmy has a very sweet face and he will be very well taken care of by you.
YD
Good on you - he is lovely!
wants....
Sylvia, are their any you don't want? :)
Thanks YD and Inchworm! I just hope I can do right by the old guy!
Dude, this makes me so freaking angry. Yes, it's getting cold and walking in mud SUX. But seriously, how can you NOT feed your animals????!!! I just don't understand. I may have more mud than the state of Texas, and my ponies are somewhat grimy because they ROLL in it, but they all get shitloads of grain (that of course, I load in the BMW....), plus the best hay I can afford.
WTF is wrong with people today???!!
Lol. Probably not. :D
Post a Comment