When I first started this rescue I was sure I’d be filled up with old horses that had done their jobs and had been tossed aside to make room for younger horses. I never thought I’d be swimming in youngsters.
The old fogey, or pasture ornament count, is currently Stride, Dolly, Megalia, and Duchess. The youngster (3 years old and under) count is Maverick, Maggie, Kenzie, Sky, Quill, Kisses, and Cheyenne. And let’s not forget Marbles and Ellie who have already moved on to their new homes.
Let’s add two more yearlings to that count, shall we? Meet Baby Girl, a Mustang/Paint cross who’s markings look a lot like Maverick.
Then there’s Buddy, who is a Quarterhorse/Saddlebred/Arabian mix. Buddy is still studly, so we’ll be getting him into the bachelor pad with Maverick and Quill, provided we can get a halter on him.
They are both very friendly, and have had halters on before, but neither has ever been taught how to lead. They came from a really nice couple living a little south of us that have hit hard times due to health problems and could no longer keep up with the day to day care and attention that these two need.
I’ll have another post up later for the third yearling coming our way today. All these cute babies around here.. I just can’t stand it! :)
3 comments:
They are both very adorable!
adorable!!
one day, when my heart heals from losing Sapphire (and when Lyndie is a little older) I want a flashy paint w/ blue eyes lined w/ black. so in a year or two..keep your eyes out! or maybe we'll have to go to a sale someday, i can't go alone...i'll either kill someone for mistreating their horses or cry. one or the other.
Baby girl looks like she's got a looong neck on her! And buddy is a cutie :) so sweet, these babies!!!
Post a Comment