Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ellie Goes Home

It’s a great feeling when you take an animal with an uncertain future, nourish and love it, then find the perfect home for it where it will be cared for and loved the rest of it’s days.  I can’t begin to describe what a wonderful sense of accomplishment that gives you!  This is what I feel every time I see one of my rescues headed off into the sunset with their new adopters. 

Multiply that feeling by 100 for this cheeky little pony!

 DSC_0341

 

Chloe and her mother found Ellie on the website and read her story, even though it broke their hearts to do so.  As soon as I put Ellie up as available, they contacted me and wanted to adopt her.  Chloe is only five years old, but has been taking lessons and showing and already has a first place trophy to show for it!  Chloe couldn’t come today to pick up her pony, but her cousin Shelby came instead.

Even better news… when Doc was out to stitch up Sadie yesterday he checked Ellie to see if she still had a heart murmur and he couldn’t hear it anymore!  So now there’s no limit to what Chloe and Ellie can accomplish together!

Picture 017

 

Well…  jumping 5’ oxers might be out of the question.

3 comments:

Janis Bland said...

HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY!!!! What wonderful news! I hope that Chloe keeps you up-to-date on her and Ellie's exploits. Ellie is certainly a new woman thanks to you! This brings tears to my eyes.

Sylvia said...

Oh nos!!!
Not ellie! I'm happy she has found a little girl to grow with, but she was/is my fav! I'm always trolling your blog for pics and updates on her!
I know she will be a great girl, for her new girl :)

wvfarmgirl said...

No worries! I'm pretty sure my inbox will be flooded with pictures of Ellie and her new human! Chloe's mom has already sent me two updates about how they love Ellie like crazy and she's getting along great with their other horse. They're giving her a week to settle in then will start on her training. Hopefully she'll be in her first show next Spring!