Yup, I’m still here. There have been no posts in awhile due to Jelly Belly fracturing her pelvis in four places and needing much nursing back to health and many hugs and smooches, and my allergies have made their appearance already this year. We got a really nice thunderstorm last night which means I’m a little less whiny and miserable today than I was yesterday. That’s a bonus for you. :)
Last night as I was sitting on the porch after dark pretending the mosquitoes weren’t driving me nuts, I heard some very non-horsey sounds coming from the back pasture and the dogs went INSANE. I grabbed a flashlight and put all the dogs except Thor back in the house, then went to investigate.
I didn’t see anything, but Sadie, Stride, and Flo were tearing around the pasture like maniacs and came running up to me when they saw me, shaking and shivering like the devil himself were after them. It reminded me of the night we found Maverick terrified and shivering alone in the dark last year when he was in the same pasture.
When Doc was out here to stitch up Sadie he suggested we get an Alpaca or Llama to add to the herd. Not because they’re good protection, but because they run slower than horses.
Smartass.
So… I think we need a couple of mules for herd protection. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll get the posse together and we’ll make a Sugarcreek run. Please don’t be surprised if I come home with two mules and a Seymour. :)
5 comments:
I would love to go w/ you if you go to Sugarcreek, I need some horse stuff to do, all I do nowadays besides work is change diapers and get puked/peed on by my 5 month old..hehe.
Jodie,
Whenever you need horse stuff to do, you KNOW you're welcome over here! I always need help of some sort or another with these guys!
Sure you can go to Sugarcreek with us. I'll let you know when we've set a date.
yay! thanks! I can't wait til Lyndie can walk (and help out around the farm)
forgot to ask before..how did Jelly Belly fracture her pelvis?
We have no idea! She disappeared for a couple of days, which is totally unlike her. When she got home she could barely walk and I could tell something was wrong in her hind end. Doc took x-rays and said the best course of action was to just keep her confined and let her heal. She's made herself at home in the washing machine, so keeping her confined isn't an issue!
Post a Comment