Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big attitude in a little tiny package

The third yearling to come to the farm today is a registered Welsh filly, named Oh My Tell Me The Story Again.  Um, I think we need something shorter to call her, don’t you agree?

Before you go thinking up names, let me tell you that she is a little firecracker!  Most youngsters, when being introduced to a herd of older horses, will make a suckling motion with their mouths to signal “I’m a baby, please don’t eat me”.  This is what Buddy and Baby Girl did earlier, but not this little bugger!  She ran straight to the Jasmine/Jewel/Willow herd and actually laid her ears back and kicked at Jewel when Jewel tried to chase her off!

Picture 014

Picture 015

 

She also stood her ground when T-Man went up to her and even gave him the cold shoulder!  Remember that martial arts commercial from the 80’s (or maybe 70’s) with the tough little black kid and his famous line “Nobody bothers me!”  She reminds me a lot of that little kid.

Picture 020

 

No matter what her attitude towards the rest of the herd, she certainly is a sweetheart and finds it absolutely necessary to climb into your pocket every chance she gets.

Picture 016

Picture 018 

 

After the initial introductions we saw her grazing peacefully with Buddy, Baby Girl, and Duchess this evening, so it looks like she’s found some friends to accept her, attitude and all. 

So get to thinking of those great names you guys have stored in your head somewhere! 

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Going from her reg. name...I think Telly or Story or My-My (thats what I call my cat Mylo and she seems to like it) are good names! Or if you wanna go for a personality name Pistol, Spitfire, Firecracker, Spark, Sassy, umm...I'm out of 'em.

Sylvia said...

Omg! Omg! Wants wants!!!!!
A pocket pony! And a welsh to boot! Waaaaaaants!!!!
Seriously adorable. I'll have to think of some names!

wvfarmgirl said...

I was looking up some Welsh names and found Trista, which means tumult. I think that fits the little trouble maker to a T!

April J said...

I second the motion for Trista.

wolfandterriers said...

Trista! Perfect!