Saturday, August 1, 2009

Genesis, Apache, Abby, & Quest Go Home

Quest actually went home Thursday evening.  I delivered the other three today and just got home a little while ago.  The dogs are less than pleased that they spent most the day in the house, but it doesn’t appear that they took it out on the cats – just the cat food.  The bags are torn into little shreds and have been used to decorate three rooms of the house.  I’m so thrilled.

Anyway, let me tell you about a girl and her horse.  I told you last year how Meghan and Manny were in love and had many happy days to look forward to together.  Then a month later I shared the sad news that Manny had died of a heart attack and Meghan was crushed.

Well, Meghan has a new love in her life now and the two make the cutest pair.

Picture 018

 

The two mares that currently live with Meghan are mother and daughter, and Cinnamon doesn’t think there’s any need to share her food or her mother with Genesis.  So there was a lot of running around and pinning of ears at poor little Genesis.

Picture 022

Picture 043

 

The running around certainly did provide me with a lot of photo opportunities.  Too bad my camera and I were having a bit of a tiff today and the pictures aren’t as clear as they could have been.

 

Picture 042

 

I have always wanted to get a picture of  horse trotting, with all four feet off the ground at once.  I will never be this lucky again.  Ever.

Picture 030

 

Meghan went out into the pasture to “save” her new best friend from the Arabian mares who were so obviously PMSing.

Picture 045

 

Genesis ran right up to her and became her shadow for the next 20 minutes.

Picture 048

 

They walked around the pasture together and got a drink out of the creek.

Picture 053

 

I’m pretty sure Meghan didn’t drink out of the creek, but you never know around here.  This is West Virginia after all.

 

Picture 049

 

Picture 051 

 

Rest in peace, Manny.  Genesis will take good care of your human.

5 comments:

April said...

Awwwww..they look so cute and happy :) another happy ending :)

Sylvia said...

very sweet. it looks as if genesis will be a happy boy...

Lena said...

How nice. :-) I think Manny indeed had a hoof in making sure the cards turned out right. Good luck, Meghan!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Nice to hear good ending. Genesis will be loved and spoiled.

Sorry your dogs took their frustrations out on the cat food bag.

April said...

Genesis looks like he's in very good company. :)