We picked up another 14 chickens last weekend and finally let everyone out of the pen today to wander the yard and see what they'd get into. One of the chickens is a New Hampshire Rooster, who thinks he's died and gone to harem heaven with all these women hanging around him. The younger hens all swoon at him from a distance, but the older hens battle it out for his attention and throw their bodies at him mercilessly. I'm so proud of my little feathered harlots.
The older hens and roosters made it almost immediately to the garage, where underneath is a wonderful soft dirt, just right for giving yourself a dust bath. Is it just me, or are these some happy hens?
We had some grand plans this weekend, to include picking up two more rescues from the Huntington area as well as delivering Radar to his new home. But alas, Glenn wrecked the truck this morning. I think he would have done less damage if he had just hit the deer instead of going off the road to avoid them. But what do I know?
Yes, he's fine. Just in case some of you care more than I do. I'm sure I'll care more later. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment