flock together. Usually. But these girls are equal opportunity flockers. Perhaps it has something to do with the BDD sitting next to the pen staring at them, or the two cats slowly circling the pen and drooling that causes them to flock together?
Whatever, at least I found the camera.
Our Buff Orphington is blond (sort of), she's tough, she's the leader of the pack... she's Buffy the Beetle Slayer.
This is Rosy the Long Island Red. She's still young, but should start laying eggs in another month or so.
We call these two the Judds. Wynona the Wyandotte is on the right and Naomi the Barred Rock is on the left. They are always together and are also too young to start laying eggs.
Originally we were going to call the Ameraucana Bunny. These birds lay eggs in shades of blue and green, sometimes even pink, giving them the nickname Easter Egg chickens. Which then led me to the Easter Bunny, hence the name Bunny. But as I lie awake at 2:30 this morning I decided I didn't like the name Bunny. If I said the word "bunny" in my head more than twice in a row my sleep-deprived brain came up with pictures of Bugs Bunny. Bugs! How cute would that be? NOT. Bugs is a male name and it just wouldn't be fair to name the chicken after it's favorite food. Would it? So after another 20 or so minutes I finally came up with the name of female cartoon character that sometimes plays the girlfriend of Bugs.
Everyone, meet Babs.
And because I am plum out of name creativity (what little I had in the first place was used up on Babs), I reach out to you, my faithful readers, to come up with a name for the Black Australorp.
May the force be with you.
3 comments:
It's nice to "meet" your girls! Yes, those multi-colored eggs, I get 1/2 dozen every week from my co-worker.
As for the name for the Black Austrolorp, since she is black in color and has red comb and waddle, how about the name BatChick(came from Batwoman, she's got black outfit and red cape)?
The truth is, I do not have any recipes for those dishes mom used to make. Mom and dad never actually taught us how to cook, we just kinda watched and learned on our own. But Chinese food(stir-fry) is very easy to make.
You could let me know which one are you interested in growing and I could prehaps help you with how to cook it.
Batchick! I think I like it! I can call her my caped crusader taking a bite out of bugs. :)
Ok, let me think on the odd veggie thing. I amy have to grow them all...
Post a Comment