Quests' new blanket came in today, so his old one went to Indy. Indy has had a blanket on all winter, but it's one that was Frankensteined from pieces and parts, didn't fit well, and was constantly sliding off to the left. Now he has one of the new Weaver blankets that has a small rip in it, but is still in better shape than the others and fits him a lot better. When I took his old one off I was not happy to find a little rain rot on his butt, but was extremely pleased with the giant hay belly that he's grown since we started buying hay rolls a few weeks ago. His withers still resemble a shark fin, but he seems to be gaining back some of his top line that we had thought might be a lost cause.
He needs a nice bath, but I don't think he'd appreciate one out in the middle of the pasture with cold water when it's -3 degrees outside. I've got some Micro-Tek on order for the rain rot, but I think otherwise he's looking pretty good. Oh, and did I mention Indy has a new home? A woman that has known Indy for years emailed me last week inquiring about him. She knows about his ulcer surgeries and founder history and has loved him as long as she's known him. She needs to build him a pen to keep him off the grass in the Spring, but once that's done she'll be ready to take him. He'll have a couple of cows and another horse to keep him company, and plenty of humans to feed him cookies and scratch his itchies. Indy's registered name is "New Ending", which I think fits pretty well. :)
I promised Laci I'd get some pictures of Hunter on the blog this week. She misses him terribly, but mom and dad just haven't had a chance to finish his fence and shelter yet. So here's your pony, Laci!
No comments:
Post a Comment