Whew, what a weekend! I am on-call again, which usually means I do a bunch of nothing since I can’t leave the house. This weekend was the exception! I worked with a client for 6 hours on Saturday, Anne came over and rode Sadie, then the old fencing guy showed up with his wife and she wanted to know if I had any smaller horses for adoption. Um, yes? I’ve got so many adopted that just haven’t left yet, it usually takes me a minute or two to think about who is still available when someone asks. Since I couldn’t leave the house I begged Anne to take them up to the barn and show them Apache. The woman used to have horses and is a decent rider, so she’d like to take Apache home after I’ve put a few rides on him. Okay.
While they were here looking at Apache, I got a call from another family down the road wondering if I had any TBs for adoption. Glenn and I had recently discussed Quest’s status and agreed that neither of us had the time to ride him and that we should find him a home. That family came out today and fell in love with Quest and will come back in a couple of weeks to ride him and probably take him home. Okay.
T-Man, Abbi, and Genesis will go to their new homes next weekend. Beauty leaves August 8th for her new home. Maggie should be ready for Synergy and Holly on the same weekend. Cheyenne leaves when she’s had a few rides. Jasmine’s adopter is (im)patiently waiting for me to get her trained. That leaves me Miles the mustang, Ellie, Jewel, Classy, and Kisses to train and get adopted.
I got half the horses wormed today, picked up two round bales of hay (don’t tell work!), canned 5 quarts of Tyfon Holland greens and 5 1/2 quarts of Chard are in the pressure canner now.
I think Cheyenne can show you exactly how I feel, better than I can explain it myself.
I may be running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, but I sure am happy that these guys are finding homes!
1 comment:
I am happy reading about these horses finding their homes.
BTW, I tagged you on today's post.
Post a Comment