The latest batch of guineas finally grew large enough to be released from the outhouse coop last week. They spent the first four days staying within 10 feet of the outhouse and raising enough ruckus to be heard by my clients while I was on the phone.
Eventually, they started to wonder about more and have found that they really enjoy being on the roof of the house, making even more noise than I thought possible from nine little guineas.
They come to my infamous “chickie chickie chickie” call and have become top notch beggers as well. When they see me come out of the house, they come running over to stare at me until I throw them some scratch.
They still haven’t made it into the garden, but they’re doing a darned good job of cleaning up after the horses. Now if I could just convince them that Japanese beetles are a delicacy, I’d be a happy camper.
I posted an update on Holly over at Rescue Recoveries, so go check her out.
No comments:
Post a Comment