Monday, March 2, 2009

Saying it with Salad

I had a really crappy day. Seriously crappy. I dealt with one idiot client on the phone after another. Not only were they intellectually challenged, but they were incredibly annoying in that they couldn't shut up long enough for me to tell them how to resolve the issue. They just kept talking over me and repeating themselves. I HATE that. If you're calling with a problem, shut up and listen when you're told how to fix it. You're only making it take longer to fix if you just keep yapping.

Thanks. I feel better with that off my chest.

Glenn is home this week studying for his CDL. He'll take the test Friday, and if he passes this time he's back in school next week. So I've got to make use of him while I've got him this week. The honey-do list stretches pretty much into eternity and I'm not sure how he'll ever get it all done, but he got a good start on it today. Even though it was cold as a witch's tit, snowing, and windy enough to blow a cat away this morning he was out there mending fence, breaking ice on the troughs, feeding horses and chickens, cleaning out the trailer, and running errands.

He even washed dishes, yaw'll.

Some might think he's still trying to make up for wrecking Bertha. Or for failing the CDL the first time. Or for any thing he's done wrong in the past year and hadn't yet kissed enough butt to be forgiven. I don't care about the why, I'm just happy he's doing it.

While I was on the phone with my last client of the day and trying very hard not to throw the phone, he was making the salad for dinner.

Picture

Don't worry, be happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beyond cute!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Oh how sweet! That salad alone is enough to be forgiven for everything that he had done wrong!

Lena said...

Awwww....I love it when guys cook and do funny things like this. Go Glenn - kick some butt on that test!