Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pictures, better late than never

I know, I know. I promised them on Sunday and didn't deliver. I've just been really busy. Honest. These pictures were taken on Sunday if that's any consolation.

Classy. Didn't I tell you?? Isn't she gorgeous? I just have to keep repeating to myself that I do not need another big bay STB mare. No, no, no. What you see under her mane is a brand of some sort. Neither of her sisters have that brand.






Indy. He's still a little ribby, but this is worlds better than he was a month ago when I first saw him. And yes, I know he's dirty. And sweaty. One of these days brushes AND camera will make it to the barn together.






Indy's feet. Not so good. I'm taking off a bit here and there and should have "after" pictures by the weekend.





Glenn and his new woman, Tabby (used to be Baby). Willow is jealous, I'm just happy to be able to spread him around a bit. She still needs a few pounds, but she's put on about 100lbs since I saw her last month. And yes, Glenn is in his boxers. I told him the picture would end up on the blog and he was too close for me to really crop him out. He didn't care. So please give him hell about it. Please, for me.








Tabby's right hind ankle. I was told she kicked through the stall wall to obtain this beauty. It wasn't properly cared for and what you see here is a big ball of proud flesh. Since the wound is mostly healed and closed, there's not much to do for it now except surgery. She's sound on it, it's just unsightly.




Megalia was still pretty shy on Sunday and wouldn't let us catch her for a posed shot. Yesterday she decided humans were pretty cool and snuggled right up to me for ear scratches.



The three sisters rode roughshod over the rest of the herd on Saturday. On Sunday, I finally got a clue and wondered why I was keeping Junior, Kita, and Semi separated from everyone else. Willow had already hopped the fence last week to buddy up with Jewel and Meghan. So the gate between realms is now open. Junior is still trying to round up as many mares as he can for his harem. He's added Jewel and Meghan, Willow came back to the fold, and Dolly occasionally hangs out with them as well. Which means Stride hangs out with Juinor's group now, but usually in the back of the pack. The two men whicker to each other once in awhile to make sure things are going well.

"Hey, got any stragglers back there Stride?"

"Nope, all mares present and accounted for Sir!"

"Great! You have my permission to bite Kita in the butt if she gives you any trouble!"


Meanwhile, the three sisters and Indy have their own little thing going on. But I think Indy gets overwhelmed with too much estrogen at times, because he's starting to spend more time with Chief and Manny. The girls enjoy roaming the pastures, testing their boundaries, and standing by the strawberry patch staring at me while I work. Because they know eventually I'll get up, grab some treats, and go see them.

The Troublets as I call them. Showing off their best side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you got those horses!!! Bless you!