Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Bachelor Pad

I spent some quality time with my baby boys and Appybutt last night. I check on them every day for missing appendages and gushing blood, but usually don't have time to spend grooming, picking feet, and just scratching the itchies. So I made a point of it last night. And took a few pictures since there are parts of their pasture that you haven't seen yet. And in kindergarten Mrs. Rosenburg told me to always share.

This is the very back of their pasture. It's surrounded by woods on three sides and really very peaceful. We have about 4 acres of those woods and Glenn has grand plans to improve the deer stands back there. Oh, joy.



I really like this shot. I'm very glad I slipped in the mud and landed on my ass or else I might not have thought about taking the shot from this angle.




Just paint GOODYEAR down his side, fill him with helium and send him downwind to the nearest football stadium. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was preggers.





Do I show too many pictures of Maverick on my blog? Or am I making it too obvious that he's my pride and joy? Too bad. Cause I think he's just the cutest. But then, I also love that dorsal stripe down Hunter's back.




Did I mention that some wonderful professional volunteered to do a rescue site? And lemme tell ya, so far it's looking AWESOME! It'd probably be done by now if she weren't waiting for me to get off my butt and put some pictures and text together. Once it's done it will be linked over there on the left so you can all peruse it and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

You are doing a nice thing WVFarmgirl, by helping these horses.
Can Maverick be my horse? He is so beautiful! I know my husband will fight you for him. :)

Anonymous said...

You know Mav's face looks a lot like Kasey's. I was showing these to my mom last night and she thought so too. Looking at your pics helped get her mind off sky. She loves it!