Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Houston, we have a problem



The Noodle. He wants some birds and he doesn't care if it's white or dark meat. And the problem is that he's the one cat intelligent enough to figure out a way to get to the birds. Take Jack for instance. This morning I found him lying in pretty much the same place as Noodle, but on his back with his legs in the air. Exactly how did he intend to catch the birds that way? Or maybe he thought he'd just flip over and wait for wild birds to come flying into his grasp instead? Jilly Bean sits quietly staring into the pen for awhile and you can almost hear the gears turning in her little head. Then she eventually gives up and goes away. Lucifer pretends to ignore the guineas. I think he's just playing hard to get. Woogie is 17 years old and afraid of his own shadow. The guineas terrify him.

After snapping the above photo, I grabbed the Noodle and tossed him unceremoniously to the ground. He have me a dirty look, a quick meow, then headed over for some comfort from his favorite buddy.




This is night four in the coop for the guineas and no loses yet. But if we do lose one, I know who to interrogate first. And it won't be dumbest groundhog in the world. Did I tell you about him? He had the IQ of a rock. I say "had" because he was dumb enough to make a home under our porch where four big dogs also call home. Well, duh. Brie took care of him. I was going to take a picture, but by the time I found the camera the only thing left of the little retard was intestines. Ewww.

No comments: