Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tootsie Roll

I have so much to show you.  Like the starving donkey that arrived back on the 11th and Willow’s foal that was born on the 13th.  But I’m tired.   A nice hot shower even sounds like too much effort right now. 

 

But since I know you’re wondering, I’ll tell you what Doc said about Tootsie tonight.  He thins the legs will straighten with trimming and exercise, but she has a little conjunctivitis in the left eye, which could mean cataracts down the road.  Since both Rusty and Dagwood have a small cataract, we can make a fairly safe assumption that one of those boys is the father.

 

 

Otherwise, she and Peppermint got a clean bill of health today.  He also examined Blondie and Shortcake.  Blondie should foal within the next three weeks and Shortcake will probably foal by the weekend.  That poor girl looks so uncomfortable!!

 

 

Peppermint and Tootsie had a grand time being hand-grazed in the tall grass today.   They both laid down for a long nap when they got back to their stall.  Little Tootsie is way too cute for words!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I've been stalking..er..checking in all afternoon for an update! One more before bed..and voilà! An update :) that's dedication. LOVE the last photo!!!

meddywv said...

OMG I love her so much.

Muppet said...

My Blackberry stalking methods have paid off. Soooooooooooo cute!!!!!

Lena said...

She is soooooo adorable! :-)
Give us more baby photos!