Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby #1

I don’t have much time, but I had to share right away!  Peppermint, who I had no idea was so close to popping, had her baby this morning!  I thought for sure Shortcake would be the first to pop out a foal – just goes to show what I know.

 

 

 

Mom and baby girl both seem to be doing ok, but baby’s feet are way too long and need some help ASAP so she grows straight.  Doc is coming out tomorrow afternoon to check both girls over and I’m headed to town to get some straw so I can bed down a stall so mom and baby can be alone for a bit.  The rest of the herd has been very gentle with her and everyone has been very curious about the little tyke.

I need name suggestions!  I was thinking Tootsie Roll, but haven’t really decided if I like that or not.  She’s black now, but will probably grey out as she gets older.

6 comments:

Janis Bland said...

OMG! Call the Cute Police! Who's the sweet baby?

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

So cute!!! Tootsie roll is funny.

Sylvia said...

Cuteness overload! Getting them out of that hellhole was done at just the right time! I like the name tootsie roll :D

wvfarmgirl said...

Don't get too overwhelmed with cute, I have a feeling there's more cuteness to come in the next couple of days. Daphne and Shortcake have both bagged up today, so could be popping out foals soon.

Little Tootsie falls asleep standing up. I think she's afraid to lay down for fear she'll miss something fun and exciting. lol

Lena said...

Awwww.....how....cute! (sorry - I had to use that word!). Well, this blog could use some cuteness after all the realism of the past few weeks....I'd say you're due! Enjoy them and please take lots more pictures!

Sylvia said...

What did your vet have to say about the foals legs?